REFLECTOR: CSA

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Wed Jun 10 21:55:56 CDT 2009

Hi Guys
I shared some of your constructive criticisms about the EZ group with Terry Schubert who is the editor of the Central States Association newsletter. Here is his response.

I can see why some Velocity folks have been offended/disappointed by their treatment. I am disappointed but not surprised.  Every group has associates who could improve on their substandard social skills. I can think of a few who would fit the disappointing communication pattern you cited. Fortunately, those are a small minority of the plans built canard family, I assure you.

Rough River is a CSA sponsored event and is open to ALL canard enthusiasts.  Many non-members show up each year.  They are all welcome and treated the same as supporting CSA members.  Some guests disappoint and I am sorry Velocity people or anyone else was subjected to any rude treatment.

Fortunately the vast majority of CSA people realize we are all canard pusher enthusiasts and can profit by working together.  More than a few plans built canard pusher owners are now Velocity owners.  I prefer to think we are all driven by the same thing but have different ways of achieving the same goals. That is healthy.  We can learn from each other.

I wish to invite Velocity enthusiasts to consider Central States Association membership.  EZ-Taxi and Canard Club programs help travelers in need and increase inner organization communication.

The 34 page quarterly newsletter is filled with maintenance, modification, piloting techniques, travel experiences as well as other canard use items of interest.  The world wide membership also allows for great diversity in solving canard operation challenges.  You may be interested in perusing the nearly 5000 article titles from past newsletters in the attached searchable index.

I wish to invite you also to attend our OSH cookout held on Wed July 29 at 5:30-7 PM at the north end of OSH parking.  Contact me for directions. jschuber at juno.com  The cookout is hosted by the Air Explorer post scouts that help park the OSH  arriving airplanes.  A $5 donation to the Explorer post is expected from each attendee.  The canard company is fun and you have a chance to win a door prize.

For further information on problems such as understanding pusher cooling and learning what DOES WORK perhaps you'd like to download the free Pusher Cooling forum that was given at OSH.  It is available in PowerPoint with MP-3 file for audio.  Go to EZ.org for pictures, related downloads and information on joining CSA.  Should you wish to look at past pictures from CSA Newsletters and want the issue password please contact me. jschuber at juno.com

New drag reduction ideas are constantly being worked on by the membership and they are offered in the newsletter.  Many of the typical pusher problems have known solutions.  Many are illustrated in the newsletter.

Please consider looking at CSA.  I am sure closer association will benefit us all.

Fly safely,

Terry Schubert

Lou Stedman
Velocity N7044Q