REFLECTOR: Membership Roster

vance atkinson nostromo56 at tx.rr.com
Mon Jun 1 16:46:14 CDT 2009

Lou Stedman wrote:
> After reading Al's posting about his missing door incident, I was
> curious about where he was located. I pulled out my trusty Central
> States Association membership roster, assuming that most canard
> builders and flyers were members. To my surprise, I found only eleven
> Velocity owners listed out of 789 members. My question is why? I have
> been a member since I got my Long EZ about ten years ago and find it
> to be a wonderful asset when rebuilding some particular part of our
> canard aircraft. I look forward to the quarterly publication which
> comes out full of building tips and articles so dear to we
> experimental nuts. One of the other things I find invaluable is the
> annual membership roster that comes out in January with everyone's
> name and contact information. I keep in my aircraft so that I can look
> up fellow canardians whenever I visit anew area. I am fairly new to
> the Velocity Group so I may not be aware but is there something
> similar to this with fellow Velocity owners. If not I would encourage
> all to become a member of CSA. Contact information is
> jschubert at juno.com <mailto:jschubert at juno.com>. The other choice would
> be to make up our own Velocity membership roster and I would be happy
> to get involved in this.
>

> Lou Stedman
> Velocity N7044Q
> Olean, NY
Lou... Ive found in general that the Velo crowd does less tinkering than
the "EZ" crowd does.  and a lot more Velos were built by others rather
than the owner.  They tend to spend money on things for fixes rather
than come up with a cheap homemade solution.

The above is applied in general to their population.

vance atkinson