REFLECTOR: Unexpected door opening

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 01:41:56 CDT 2009

This lengthy discussion about the gull wing doors makes me glad I decided
not to put them on my Velocity. I almost did. I know the consensus is that
adding the gull wing doors was a good thing, but I'm convinced that a top
door model that kneels down to let passengers in and out is a better
airplane. Stronger fuselage, flies with the door open, large bench seat in
the back, 6.5 gallon sump for emergency reserve, and lots of elbow room in
the front seats. Just two cents worth of my humble opinion.

Doug Holub
51.2 hours on N2980W, still needs paint and interior