REFLECTOR: The door that needs rehinging.

RBrim rbrim at PerformanceSolutionsTech.com
Tue Jun 2 10:29:25 CDT 2009

Brett
Thanks for putting the pics up on the Wiki.    I wrote up a column for the
Velocity Views probably 6 or 7 years ago when the incident happened.
Essentially kept all the pins intact except for the upper leading corner
pin.  Created a small glass lip over the upper left corner that the door
tucks into when closed.  Glassed hinges into the front of the door frame.

BTW, in terms of the other questions, my door was closed but not locked and
popped open when I picked up the gear with the resulting pressure built up
in the cabin.  The pins have never failed.

Rodney Brim, Ph.D.
Performance Solutions Technology, LLC
Ph. (707) 487-3000 | Skype. rbatpst
Blog -  www.ManagePro.com/Blog

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Brett Ferrell
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 12:53 PM
To: reflector
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Al, and the door that needs rehinging.

Rodney hasn't specifically added anything,but I have captured some
information the wiki.  If there are dimensions, sketches, or other
information that you'd like to share I'd be happy to flesh it out.

http://wiki.velocityxl.com/index.php?title=Brim_N87BR

Brett

--

> That hinge re-location sounds like a really good idea- I have my setup a
bit different because of an extended strake, > but I might just look at that
before I get to painting. Do you have anything up on the Velocity Wiki about
that Rodney?