REFLECTOR: Membership Roster

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Mon Jun 1 11:17:31 CDT 2009

Lou,

I couldn't agree more, I really enjoy the CSA Newsletters, and the fly-in at Rough River every fall (well, *almost* every fall [wink]), and encourage folks to join and to attend the fly-in.

I'll also put in another plug for my Velocity builder's and owner's database.  Any builder/owner can have a login, and you can easy print a roster, search for folks in your city/state, or others building the same model/engine/whatever.  I even have a mobile version for looking up a phone number based on the N# while on the flight line (http://mobile.velocityxl.com/).  Check out n44vf.com and select the members menu item.  I also track stats (number built/flying/etc.)  If you want a login, just email me directly bferrell at 12mail dot net with your name, address, and kit/plane info.

Brett

----

> After reading Al's posting about his missing door incident, I was curious about where he was located. I pulled out my trusty Central States Association membership roster, assuming that most canard builders and flyers were members. To my surprise, I found only eleven Velocity owners listed out of 789 members. My question is why?
One of the other things I find invaluable is the annual membership roster that comes out in January with everyone's name and contact information. I keep in my aircraft so that I can look up fellow canardians whenever I visit anew area. I am fairly new to the Velocity Group so I may not be aware but is there something similar to this with fellow Velocity owners. If not I would encourage all to become a member of CSA. Contact information is jschubert at juno.com (mailto:jschubert at juno.com). The other choice would be to make up our own Velocity membership roster and I would be happy to get involved in this.