REFLECTOR: insurance

Tom tomcat05 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 30 13:11:43 CDT 2009

That could be the reason. I do not have and IFR ticket.

Lou Stedman
Velocity N7044Q
Olean, NY

I don't think that's the issue. I had same exact coverage as you last year.
It was $1270. This year the quote for same coverage was over 2K. I've got 5000 hours comm/inst so it's not
a pilot thing. My broker said the old underwriter wouldn't cover this year and they had to go elsewhere. Since the plane was severely
underinsured to start with, I just went with liability (of course the liability premium goes up if you don't do hull)..Tom

p.s. I wound up underinsured because 2 years back I just had liability and ground coverage with 50K, when it came time to
requote, broker was able to get full hull for above price, I questioned raising it to 75K and the premium went through the
roof so I gambled on the 50K.