REFLECTOR: insurance

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Wed Jul 29 11:40:41 CDT 2009

The hull insurance does seem a tad high but I'm always surprised by how
much things cost.

It is probably related to your low hours, do you have an Instrument rating?

My hull insurance is "non-flight", which cuts the cost in half.
Basically I'm insured until I pull out on the runway, and then following
landing  I'm once again insured when I pull off the runway.  This puts
me in the self insured for flight category , I break it, I fix it.  But
on the ground, for ramp rash, hanger rash, theft or the gas truck
running in to me I'm insured.

I've had Falcon for 5 years.

Scott