REFLECTOR: 6 Cyl. Lightspeed Ignition

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Jul 21 08:09:59 CDT 2009

Maybe you have the older Plasma I or II.  The specs for the III
specifically say you need cooling, and I talked to Claus and he
reiterated. that.  He said it will work and he knows people not doing
it, but he expects a much reduced lifespan for the unit if cooling air
is not provided.

Yes, I ran with one mag and one LS with my IO360.  I will do teh same
with the IO520. Mags are a pain, but they are also almost bullet proof
and I like the peace of mind knowing I can have total electrical failure
and still motor on.

I wish those P-Mag folks could have produced a 6 cylinder unit a lot
sooner.  Thats the cats meow, self powered electronic ignition!

Scott