REFLECTOR: 6 Cyl. Lightspeed Ignition

scott at tnstaafl.net scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Jul 20 19:37:48 CDT 2009

I just purchased a Lightspeed for my IO520.   I had one on my IO360 and
loved it. It's the best performance improvement for the buck I have run
across.

Easy starting, hot or cold
Silky smooth idle
Runs very clean
More HP
Better mileage
Improved detonation prevention
Lighter weight
Allowed me to run 75 LOP with the IO360

So I was perusing the web site and noticed that Claus recommends cooling
for the 6 cylinder model?  I called and he said all I really needed was
some air movement.  He said a small 3/8 hose connected to the engine side
of the firewall plugged into the cooling port on the lightspeed would do
it.  The differential pressure being plenty strong enough to move enough
air to keep it cool.

Anybody doing it this way?

Scott