REFLECTOR: Batteries

David n350tx at att.net
Mon Jul 20 17:12:58 CDT 2009

I have the Odyssey 925 in my airplane and have used it for 5 years.  I do
change batteries every three years, the old one goes into my boat.  I have
the terminals up for easier connecting and charging.  My positive terminal
is forward.  I do not have the metal jacket as I did not see any need for it
  My battery pan is fiberglass and I do wish I had made room for a smaller
second battery under or near my main battery.  I run two alternators so I do
have back up electric power.  I have a nylon web strap over the top and
bottom to secure the battery.  A very simple set up and it works.
Dave Bertram
N350TX
Chevy V-8