REFLECTOR: Batteries

Brooke Wolf bwolf1 at tds.net
Mon Jul 20 16:52:20 CDT 2009

I was contemplating installing the battery tray on my XLRG-5.  Like
everything else, one thought leads to another and pretty soon I am
thinking about the entire electrical system and still not getting
anything done!  Well, I know 2 things for sure....I'm going to need a
battery and a place to put it.  I've got the battery tray so why not
order the battery so I can make sure it all fits together.  That is
where I need the help of the collective.

I like the Odyssey 925.  I talked to Scott Swing today and Velocity
likes the Odyssey 925.  So, an Odyssey 925 is what it is going to be!
There are a variety of 925's.  See http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc925lmj.htm
.  My question is which one is best?  Terminals up or on the side?
Negative terminal forward or aft?  SAE or M6 bolt terminal? Metal
jacket or not?  What kind of hold down is best?  Lots of questions.  I
am hoping somebody who has already gone through this will be able to
shed some light on the battery installation so I don't have to later
say, "Well I  should have...."  >:)

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks.

Brooke

BTW, I am also installing Composite Design's Landing Gear Control
(Gold Box) System.