REFLECTOR: Fuel shutoff valve location

jerry at jlbent.com jerry at jlbent.com
Sun Jul 19 09:16:00 CDT 2009

Andy,

I am not sure that the the system would have any problem with Dave's
approach.  As long as the fuel line has fuel, the siphon will work.  Of
course that assumes that there is a siphon in the original solution.  To
work as a siphon, the fuel line delivery end has to be below the source
fuel level in the configurations it will be used.  If the fuel pump is
needed, it will not pull fuel from the tanks because the vent provides a
vacuum break.

At least this is how my feeble understanding would suggest it would work.
Your results may vary.

Jerry Brainard
Jerry at JLBEnt.com