REFLECTOR: Wing attach bolt hole?

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Jul 12 12:07:36 CDT 2009

Don,

I put mine in bolts in rear, nuts in front for all 3 locations.

For outboard I have two holes in each wing upper and lower for inserting
the bolts, and one hole in the bottom of the strake to provide access to
both the upper and lower nuts.

You have to reach into the main spar from inside the fuselage to get the
inboard nut on. I have somebody turn the bolt from outside next to the
engine, and use a telescoping magnet to put on the washer and nut. Once
the nut runs up against the nylon I switch to a wrench.

I don't think you have to worry about having the bolts facing the wrong
way. If they actually got loose, it wouldn't matter which way they were
facing!

Scott