REFLECTOR: Wing attach bolt hole?

Don Johnston don at numa.aero
Sun Jul 12 12:12:24 CDT 2009

I have recently completed my brake upgrade which involves improving the
brake fade problem with Matco brakes. Rather than bore all the Cleveland
equipped builders, I'll just direct you to my build page. I apologize if it
seems basic, but I have friends and family that are following my build so I
try to keep it simple.

http://www.velocity-xl.com/brakes.html

And finally, I have fastbuild wings with a small access hole in the top and
bottom. It's a real pain trying to get the nut on the bolt through that
hole.

1)      I have better access if I put the bolt in through the wing and the
nut on the front (through the strake). Is this acceptable or does the bolt
have to go in the front?

2)      I've seen that some builders put a single large hole in the bottom
of the wing that goes up to the top. This also eliminates the small access
hole cover on the top of the wing. Is this an acceptable retrofit?

Don Johnston

XL-RG

www.velocity-xl.com