REFLECTOR: FOD

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Jul 12 08:17:52 CDT 2009

Thats pretty interesting Jack.  Thanks for posting those.

I wonder how that full fender would do in the snow or slush?  It looks
like it would build up snow/slush while on the ground and then pool up
in the fender once you raise the gear?  Possibly freezing in the fender
while in flight.

I was thinking about making a much shorter fender just to stop the
slinging of water and stuff up into the wheel well.  Seems like
something that covers about a third of what is shown in the picture
would do that and it wouldn't require a mod to the doors that could
potentially weaken the doors.  I'm would still be somewhat worried about
collecting snow/slush between the wheel and the fender.

I have operated on snow a number of times and never had a problem, but
you never know...

Scott