REFLECTOR: FOD

Jerome Sipple jds at TAXESPLUSLLC.COM
Sun Jul 12 08:10:00 CDT 2009

To Jack & all:

To those of you who don't know me I am not yet a builder but hope to be
later this fall after I get my garage / workshop up. I have been
granted  access to the list and have been monitoring the list for about
a year.

I like the idea of the fender as shown but would like to throw out an
idea for you guys to think about. What about attaching a  thin , (in
thickness), long bristle brush, ie  1-3" in length, (for the width of
the fender), to the rear  edge of the fender for  some possible
additional protection from FOD being kicked up bu y the tire?  With the
bristles being flexible I would think this would eliminate any clearance
problems with the structure?

As I don't yet have a kit or even plans to look at I was just doing some
thinking out loud. What do you guys think?

Jerome (Jerry) Sipple