REFLECTOR: IVO motor

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Jul 7 13:56:00 CDT 2009

Thanks for checking your brushes.  I've seen the IVO brushes and unless
they've changed them in the last few years, they are very small ~3/16
x3/16.  A brush supplier told me that brushes carry current at 80
amps/square inch.  It seems like a larger brush is needed.  Mine are 1/4
x 3/8 which should be much better, but maybe there is something special
about the IVO brushes.  I called IVO yesterday.  They glossed over my
diagnostic data and told me it sounded like the motor brushes (not the
slip ring brushes) were worn and I should send in the motor.  I'll call
them again today and discuss the brushes.

John