REFLECTOR: IVO motor

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 2 10:33:37 CDT 2009

John,

If you made the measurements from the wire connector to the slip ring there are three places that the drop could be taking place.  They are the wire to brush, the brush to brush terminal and the brush to slip ring.  Since both brushes have the same drop it is unlikely that both would develop a bad wiring connection at the same time.  I would suspect the brush to slip ring and since you cleaned the slip rings that leaves the brushes.  Slip some fine sandpaper between the brushes and the slip rings (grit towards the brushes) and sand off the surface.  If there is a layer of burnt oil due to arcing at the brushes, this should solve your problem.

Larry Coen
N136LC