REFLECTOR: Parking brake

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Jan 26 08:25:19 CST 2009

I have found the V to be very stable in the wind. I thinks its because
the winglets are not very far behind the mains, so there isn't much
leverage.  Tricycle gear airplanes are 100 times more stable than
conventional.

I have had to park a couple times on a slope.  I initiated a really
tight turn to castor the nose wheel to 90 degrees, which allowed me to
get out and chock up.

Scott