REFLECTOR: AN111 rudder cable bushing

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Fri Jan 23 09:57:26 CST 2009

I've been having people over to inspect the plane, and the last person
wanted castellated nuts on all things that rotate such as cable/rudder
horn, cable/rudder pedal, pitch trim and control stick.
I purchased drilled bolts and castellated nuts for everything and
decided to switch out my thimble in the rudder to an AN111 bushing.

Now, it's not clear to me how the bushing is supposed to keep the steel
cable from jumping out of the AN111 bushing.  Is this design correct?
It's just a little interesting to me.