REFLECTOR: 2" Sanding Disks for Right Angle Grinder

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Jan 23 09:38:33 CST 2009

Kurt,

I've actually been getting a few hours almost every day for the last
couple weeks!  Weather has been beautiful for January, as you know.

Doing lots of little things and figuring out where I was last Nov. when
I stopped working on the bird because the weather had turned so cold and
wet.
Finally finished up my 3rd exhaust modification. bolted up like it was
made for it!  This is the final design, as I said twice before!

Been ground running the engine and tuning the induction system, fixing
itty bitty oil leaks. All the induction mods changed pressures so much
it required me to start the tuning process from initial settings, go
through every setting, which on this engine is considerable. Low end
mixture and fuel and induction pressures are now per spec but the turbo
surge at high power settings baffled me and all the local experts.  I
had repeatedly noticed a small drop of oil on the adjusting nut of the
high pressure fuel setting nut and wondered how it had gotten their?
Only thing going through that part of the system is fuel and upper deck
pressure.  I finally took the upper deck pressure line off, I was going
to run the engine "sans" boost, and oil came out of the line!! That
wasn't supposed to be there!  Tracked it down to a leaky O-ring in the
controller.

Also started on finishing the plenum. It fits a bare engine snuggly.
Need to cut out the tubing/hose and wire run access flanges and connect
it up to the NACA flange. I think I finally have figured out how to do
that. I never liked the method specified in the build manual so am
making a flexible connector between the plenum and the NACA flange

Flew over your place yesterday, on my way from CNM to GNT.  Nice day to
fly except for the intermittent showers that occasionally turned to ice.

Scott