REFLECTOR: 100LL in my car?

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Thu Jan 22 12:47:27 CST 2009

Doug,

First, What kind of car?? The big problem with burning leaded fuel in a newer car is that it ruins the Oxygen sensor. The newer gen-2 sensors are a bit more forgiving, but they will still trash an O-2 sensor in a tank or so.

If you don't have any O-2 sensors, you might be able to get away with burning a tank or so of 100LL without toasting a converter, but I wouldn't do more than that.

If you have a "good Ole Car", without all that extra pollution control crap... it will run just fine. Of course you have to be sure not to hit any of those environmentalist tree huggers hiding in the shrubs. They won't like that at all :)

Kurt