REFLECTOR: Used Epoxy Pump

Jack Prock jackprock at comcast.net
Tue Jan 20 21:17:36 CST 2009

Hi Tom,

I'm not sure where you can find a used one... they must be out there. But for cleaning mine, I use
denatured alcohol. Twice since I've owned mine, as my original hardener aged, I've had to clean
it completely. The hardener just turns to sludge as it starts to age.

I've taken the pump apart and let the parts soak in the alcohol, and in about fifteen minutes, I can
just rub off the sludge. It's a bit of a messy job, but it sure works well afterward. I make sure
I run some epoxy and hardener through it to flush it, so there is a bit of it wasted. The whole
job takes about an hour, so it is not that difficult. And the last time I had to replace a spring
inside. I found a good replacement at the Home Depot aviation store.

Jack