REFLECTOR: Factory Transition Training

Jim Kanter jim at d-film.com
Sun Jan 18 11:11:30 CST 2009

If you have a CS prop and/or retractable gear then you should get the
complex endorsement.

You should get the high performance endorsement simply because you
need to learn to be well ahead of the aircraft. I've learned to start
prepping for landing 60 NM out and I'm flying an SE-RG with the 200
horse IO-360.

Don't forget about the insurance-related aspects of getting these
endorsements (lowers the premium)

Another thing to keep in mind besides the longer refueling stops (the
line guys at full-serve are also very curious as well as the walk-up
pilots) is that you really have to nail your landings and take-offs.
-- EVERYONE is watching.

By the way, mine is up for sale, N876LS (the Lynn Elsner Velocity for
those of you who remember). It's a beautifully built ship and I love
flying it, but the kids are growing quickly and we need to move up to
a 6-seater (looking at a Turbo Lance or Saratoga and would be willing
to trade). I'll be posting pix and details soon.

Jim