REFLECTOR: Rear Seats

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sat Jan 17 13:04:44 CST 2009

I took a bit of advice from everyone:?

I had the chestnut ridge foam for the rear seats. It was pretty thick, so I took 1" off of the bottom of the seat piece. Still very comfy and thick?and got me some room back.

Then I ground a bit out of the aft corner that rests on the duct. The seat pan is sandwiched back there, and I went through the outer layer of glass, ground out some of the foam and filler, but not all the way through to the inner glass. It is mega strong back there, so 2 plies of BID to close it off is plenty.

That allowed me to take 1/2 inch off the bottom of the seat runners.
NOTE:? I had to put about 3/4" extensions on the bottom of the plans dimensions originally to keep the aft corner from hitting anyway.

Then I moved the seat forward about 4" Initially, I had it almost all the way back to the keel. Luckily, I followed someone's suggestion long ago and put in extra hard points in the floor!? (Thanks... whomever suggested it).

That got me 3-fingers of clearance to the closest point on the NACA duct. Seems like enough for now.

Now I just have to go out and make the other seat match :)

Back out to the Hangar.

Kurt