REFLECTOR: low end idle speed

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Jan 16 12:03:24 CST 2009

Doug,

glad you found the problem. 950 is way way to high.  You'd float for a mile.

The lower the idle speed the better for landing. I had my IO360 with a
single Lightspeed set at 500 rpm smooth idle on the ground,  which
resulted in a flight idle of about 650-800, depending on my speed and
descent rate.  Before the Lightspeed I couldn't idle it below 750, below
that and it was just too rough. Setting it at 500 greatly reduced my
roll out distance on landing.

Scott