REFLECTOR: Insurance

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Fri Jan 16 11:37:25 CST 2009

Brian;

I had similar experience with insurance.  They want dual instruction; or
time, in Make and Model - and 15 hours is a common requirement.  Tech
counselor inspections, factory authorized inspections were never mentioned.

Going to different agents is generally not helpful, there are only 2 or 3
underwriters insuring these planes, and the agents will likely go the same
ones.  If your agent is responsive and helpful you're probably in good
shape.  I've had good results with Pam at AUA.

Check the FAA circulars for the certification requirements - I think
AC20-27F; but check their website for the latest.

You're getting close - that's exciting.

Al