REFLECTOR: Rear Seats

LAURA WALKER blwalker105 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 15 20:16:51 CST 2009

Kurt,

I had a similar problem in my XL-5. I realize I have a single bench but my fix was to trim the outside rear corners of the pan, lower it to where I was happy, and glass in a new sort of triangle on each one. I would think that one could do the same for individual rear seats, since one does not actually sit on that far rear corner and it is mostly covered by the seat back's geometry anyway. In my plane, no one can tell the difference when sitting back there. I have some detailed pictures if you would like to see what I did. E-mail me at blwalker105 at sbcglobal.net and I will send them to you.

Bill