REFLECTOR: Rear Seats

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Thu Jan 15 12:09:57 CST 2009

I put the rear seats in to check some things for upholstery. With the aft outside corner of the seat pan sitting on the side duct there sure isn't much headroom. I'm only 5'9" and I have barely 1/2" headroom (below the NACA scoops) and that is without a headliner installed and no headset.

Anyone had this problem on a Standard or 173 Velocity?

The only way it looks like I can get more head room is to cut the duct and flatten it our in that spot, but I don't have much room for that. It might buy me another 1/2". Any other adjustments would make the seats crooked (side to side) since the aft corner is resting on the duct.

Any input?

Kurt