REFLECTOR: low end idle speed

Douglas Holub douglas.holub at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 10:59:40 CST 2009

I set the unmetered fuel injection pressure at 11 psi at 950 RPMs per the
manual and conversations with the ECI test cell technician. There is no
rough idle. Pull the throttle out, smooth 950 RPMs. Slam the throttle in,
solid 100% power without a hiccup. Pretty cool.

No magnetos, either. The Plasma III manual says that one can expect the idle
speed to increase up to 150 RPMs with electronic ignition, but I just
figured there would be a way to knock it back down to 800.

Doug