REFLECTOR: low end idle speed

steve korney s_korney at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 10:59:09 CST 2009

My IO-360 idles as low as 250 rpm's... Something must be wrong with the fuel system...

Best... Steve

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 06:54:26 -0800
From: aminetech at bluefrog.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: low end idle speed

I have my Franklin idle set at an estimated 700 rpm.  I say estimated because it won't idle at that speed and I keep it at 900 by not pulling the throttle out all the way.  This gives me extra slowing ability when landing.  A rough engine is my reminder to add a little throttle during roll out.

John