REFLECTOR: Fw: H3R Fire Extinguishers from Aircraft Spruce

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 09:11:29 CST 2009

I don't know how many of you received the following ad, however, be warned.  Don't use the plastic head ones, over time the plastic weakens from high cockpit temperatures and I had the entire head blow off. I found the head in the back of the plane and it had parted at the cylinder junction.  There was no stress on the head and it was mounted where it could not be bumped.

After many years experience with fire extinguishers I will not use any with plastic heads.

Jim
 James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying