REFLECTOR: Franklin Cylinder Removal

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Thu Jan 8 09:24:29 CST 2009

When reinstalling, you must torque down the intake manifold before
tightening the attach nuts.  If not, you will crack your cylinders.

If you have a PZL engine, the sleeves are of a different steel alloy.
They are more difficult to replace and remove, but if your shop uses the
proper procedure and tools, there isn't a problem.

If you have any questions, the Franklin people in Colorado are pretty
sharp.  It seems they are doing some volume these days.  Of course A-1
in Jewett, Texas probably has the most experience.