REFLECTOR: Flight Sim and Controllers

Kirk Aragon aragon_kirk at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 1 09:49:00 CST 2009

Kurt,

I extracted the contents of the zip file to this directory:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\Velocity

You should have at least four sub-directories in there (model, panel.TG, sound, texture). Also, there should be four files in that directory (aircraft.cfg, XL5.air, Velocity_check.txt, Velocity_ref.txt).

If you have a newer version of Flight Simulator, your path will vary.

I don't remember having to install any new instruments, but those would go in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Gauges

KirkKirk AragonN360TV
1996 SERG TO-360

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOODJoin me

To: reflector at tvbf.orgDate: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 19:37:47 -0500From: nmflyer1 at aol.comSubject: Re: REFLECTOR: Flight Sim and ControllersI would appreciate it if someone could splain to me how to install the Velocity into MS flight sim. ThanksKurt Oh yeah... HFNY to all. :-)-----Original Message-----From: Randy Wharton <rwharton at buckeye-express.com>To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' <reflector at tvbf.org>Sent: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 2:48 pmSubject: Re: REFLECTOR: Flight Sim and Controllers

My favorite is MS Flight Simulator. I have a very nice Velocity model on my website at http://clik.to/velocity. On the home page, you’ll see a button on the left menu bar for “Velocity Sim Model”. I’ve flown with it quite a bit, but not being a real Velo driver or even a builder anymore, I’d have to defer to so meone else to validate it. My understanding is that the guy who developed the model tried to make it according to specs, and I believe he had input from one or more Velo drivers, but it’s been quite awhile since I’ve checked into it, so I can’t remember for sure.

Randy Wharton
Formerly N248RB
XL-RG

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Bob HasselSent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 4:27 PMTo: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'Subject:=2 0REFLECTOR: Flight Sim and Controllers

Since it’ll be a few years before I can actually fly, what’s your favorite flight sim for the Velocity?  Are there any Velo models?  What do you use as a controller (keyboard/mouse)?

Thanks,

Bob

0Auser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Get a free MP3 every day with the Spinner.com Toolbar. Get it Now.