REFLECTOR: Pitch trim poll

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Sat Feb 28 08:36:07 CST 2009

Don,

We've flown with both. We liked Alex's system, but we couldn't get
enough down trim with pilot and copilot. We also had the clutch drop out
on one flight, freezing the trim. It wasn't unsafe, but was annoying.
But, with that said, Alex is a good guy, and really wanted to work with
us to get it working properly for us, and I think we will at some point
program where we had bigger fish to fry than pitch trim, so we installed
the factory system to get going. I think his system was designed for the
lighter STD (there are a couple of folks flying it, Dave Nelson and at
least one other), and I think it just needs a bit more travel or
leverage to handle the XL at forward cgs.

Brett