REFLECTOR: Static Stuff

LAURA WALKER blwalker105 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 28 04:50:58 CST 2009

Actually, I am now venting my static side to cabin source as well as the outside port. I have an "alternate static" toggle valve in my panel that opens up the static side this way. I cannot choose cabin source only with this valve. This makes the indicated airspeed read about 12 kts closer to reality than with the outside source only. I am still, however, reading about 12 - 15 kts faster than the actual indicated speed should be.  This error diminishes to around 5 kts at 140 indicated and 1-2 kts at 90 indicated.