REFLECTOR: Pitch trim poll

KMis178813 at aol.com KMis178813 at aol.com
Fri Feb 27 21:59:56 CST 2009

Sorry I can't help you with the pitch trim but I do have a Strong Aileron
trim installed. Recently I had a (pilot induced) runaway trim. The Strong system
 got stuck in a full left aileron trim. When I installed this system I did
confirm that in the event of a runaway the system could be overcome for normal
(tired arm) flight. The strong system can get stuck at the ends and not come
back, at least the one I have. Tried to stick the system again and I  can't
reenact it on the ground. Other than that it works great, just a  little bug to
work out. Moral of the story, Be careful when using a non  standard system
that in the event of a runaway you can still overcome the  trim.
      Ken

In a message dated 2/27/2009 9:52:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,