REFLECTOR: (no subject)

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Wed Feb 25 22:48:58 CST 2009

Says they have a temperature controlled unit- would be best since the gear
could get stiff if frozen by altitude- that is a great solution though, and
would allow full rotation.  I am pretty sure that they use a silicone fluid
in there-  best case would be to see if similar would be available with a
non-Newtonian fluid damping material- that would react in a linear fashion
to the amount of force applied to it- either way , this type of unit would
allow for full caster- I would think that not much force would be required
to damp the shimmy.

Good find Ron

  _____