REFLECTOR: roll trim

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sat Feb 21 10:59:48 CST 2009

Your canard is a good place to check to see if the plane is level since it
has a nice straight upper surface.

Larry: Not quite so on WingCo built canards (at least not mine). More camber
as you go inboard.  Maybe best to level main spar - average any difference
from one side to the other.

Al

 You should be able to get things level by adjusting tire pressures.  If the
ball is centered, your good to go.  If not you may have to enlarge the
instrument mounting holes a tad to adjust it.  This assumes that that your
plane is built straight so that the wings are level when the canard is
level.  Cross check by measuring the height above the floor at the wing tips
to see if they are the same.  If you adjusted your tire pressure for
leveling, be sure to re-inflate them to the proper pressure.

Larry Coen

N136LC

SE/RG Franklin/IVO