REFLECTOR: FW: GPS for IFR

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Fri Feb 20 10:01:15 CST 2009

Scott.

In talking with a local DAR, he supports what you have said. Basically, in an experimental, you write your addendum to CYA. You do still have to go through the testing of the unit (usually in the install manuals of the GPS). He suggests that you have a line in your sign off that says the GPS is for VFR use only, unless the testing phase is completed and signed off. (His words were much more official sounding).

By the way, I have been wondering how that Air Chart System is. I take it you like it?

Kurt