REFLECTOR: shimmy

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Fri Feb 20 09:51:36 CST 2009

Looking at the pic that Sid sent, I was wondering if fixed gear Velocities have the same tendancy to shimmy that RGs do? Looking at the RG nosewheel, it looks like a big shopping cart wheel. The fixed gear version looks like it would have more arm once/if it did start a shimmy. It also looks like it would put more load on the back of the bellville washers. ?Is one more prone to shimmy than the other?

Kurt