REFLECTOR: wheel shimmy

Velocity velocityxl at fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 19 09:06:43 CST 2009

Now being on this list for over 10 years now I know this issue keeps coming
up. It seems
the answer usually goes to set the tension on the front wheel to 14 lbs of
pull or something like that
and you should not have a problem. Is this not true? I have heard that this
should be
on the preflight check list. Does this number change and really need to be
adjusted regularly?
If so maybe  we just need to find the way to get the tension to stay within
a range that works.
Or perhaps  there are people that feel that there is a better mouse trap out
there and are working
toward a simpler/ better design for the front wheel which is great. So is
there a steering Issue?
Or is there a real problem that needs to be addressed? Just wondering
because I have not
had the joy yet of being in the front seat and seeing for my self. One of
these days, One of these
days.

Ron