REFLECTOR: wheel shimmy

Stockman, Bill bill.stockman at daytonaero.com
Wed Feb 18 11:32:07 CST 2009

I had to get a new fork after the "recall" a few years ago because of a
crack I discovered during a preflight inspection.   I also noticed a
slight difference in the width and made up some new shims.

I definitely would swap out the shock mount now rather than later.
After having to remove three of the old type mounts, I wish I had known
to do this earlier.   No offense to the rest of the shimmy experts on
line, but for the fixed gear crowd, this is probably the best and
simplest fix to try and prevent shimmy problems.

Bill Stockman, Senior Associate

Dayton Aerospace

(937) 369-4799 cell

(937) 426-4300 work