REFLECTOR: Cruise Mystery

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Sun Feb 15 12:16:14 CST 2009

Kurt,

I monitored the OAT and it was about 41F the entire trip.  If cooler air was encountered and the mixture leaned out, it wouldn't account for the increase in EGT, because I was already running LOP, so it would cause a drop in EGT from further leaning.  And normally, an increase in EGT will cause a drop in CHT as less energy is being expended in the cylinder and more it going out the exhaust where some of it burns, thus the elevated EGTs.  Still, more good ideas to consider.

Chuck Jensen