REFLECTOR: Oxygen systems

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sat Feb 14 19:09:04 CST 2009

I fill mine from a K bottle in the hanger.  Its welding grade, and the
shop doesn't care what I use it for, though if they did care I would lie
and say it was for welding.

There is no water in welding, aviation, or medical grade oxygen. None
what so ever. It is extremely dry and made so.  Thats an OWT.

The only difference between welding and aviation/medical grade oxygen is
the refill process require the aviation/medical bottle to be purged to
some level of vacuum for some period of time before filling with the
same oxygen gas as used in all of them.

There are also special handling rules for medical/aviation grade
bottles.  The shop I get mine from has stopped carrying medical/aviation
grade bottles because he doesn't  want to conform to the new handling
requirements.

Scott