REFLECTOR: Oxygen systems

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sat Feb 14 17:26:37 CST 2009

Dennis,

I too have an aerox system. I find that it works great, and like was mentioned, the service is great.

What I do (rationalize your own methods) is I set the meter to the altitude that I am flying ABOVE my normal home base altitude unless I am above 14K then I go by the regular meter. I do this because my "regular" red cell level is based at 5000' not 0, and I know it works for me. If I am away from home and lower for more than a day, I revert back to MSL settings on the meter.

Numerous physiolagy courses and 2 trips through the altitude chamber have me comfortable with this approach. Needless to say, the supply lasts a long time like that.

The folks at Aerox told me that I would be better off installing a portable system in the Velocity too, but that I could plumb in remote ports. Thus allowing you to hook in the bottle, plug it in to your system, and have the O2 ports where you want them instead of hoses galore.

Keep on pushing :)? Kurt