REFLECTOR: Hot Starts

aminetech at bluefrog.com aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Feb 10 09:53:44 CST 2009

Hot starting is difficult for me also.  I think the problem is that the starter is hot from the heat under the cowl.  One thing I do that helps a lot is to get things as cool as possible by planning a low power decent, straight in if possible, and shut down asap after landing.  I am concerned that I would have the same problem trying to re-start in the air.  One of these days I plan to run a small cooling air line from the plenum to the starter.

John