REFLECTOR: Non Profit Plans

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 5 13:04:15 CST 2009

Hi,

I am in the early stages of developing an aviation maintenance training
program for at-risk teenagers and others in Harrisburg, PA.

This is at least a year out.  I am in the planning stages only or better
said trying to create a presentation I can make to potential funders.  So
you know, this will be a legit IRS recognized non-profit organization for
donation purposes.

(Here's a little tax primer:)  I would recognize all donations with signed
receipts.  You, the giver, set the value and defends that value to the IRS.
I only sign (recognize) that it was given.

I hope to keep this Velocity/Cozy based but it is too early to make any
presumptions.  For presentation purposes to the Mayor's office and others a
detailed list of what I have been offered might help...sort of a non-binding
letter of intent for what's out there.

Don't worry about liability.  None of this will ever be airworthy.  I need
one or two partially complete kits in almost any state and whatever parts,
supplies or shop tools you might offer.

Please get back to me off line.  Thanks for helping.

Terry Miles
Terrence_miles at hotmail.com