REFLECTOR: Smooth running Customized TSIO520

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Feb 3 08:17:47 CST 2009

Al, its a Catto prop, fixed pitch. Which in part contributed to the long
path in getting it running right. All the documentation to set this
engine up assumes a constant speed prop.

I think 2250 is about right.  But really won't know until flight
testing. Craig said to expect a low static rpm.  Normal cruise rpm is 2500.

Had a problem getting the data out of the Dynon yesterday to check the
mixture settings.  Running Windoze in a virtual machine on top of Linux,
and Bill didn't like that!  I think I have the USB snafu fixed now, will
try again tomorrow.

Scott