REFLECTOR: Smooth running Customized TSIO520

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Mon Feb 2 19:23:13 CST 2009

I am seeing 2250 rpm static at 37 inches MAP.  I need to download the

engine data and verify the mixture map is correct, but the EGTS all

looked well in the ROP zone.

Congratulations on getting it to this point.  Always a challenge.  What sort
of prop are you turning? Seems you should be getting more than 2250 at that
boost; but then maybe it's quite a bit ROP.  Did you note the fuel burn?

Time to start on the cowl modifications.  Fitting this size engine in a

STD cowl area is not possible. Hopefully the enlarged rearward radius

and lower P51 scoop won't destroy the V's great lines...

Have fun with that.  I went through that as well; fortunately I was making
mine smaller:-). I'm sure it will look fine; but will add some drag and
maybe reduce prop efficiency a bit.

Best.

Al